The clinical assistant supports providers by facilitating the transition of the patient from the check-in process through the check-out process. He/she will perform initial intake including taking physical measurements and history taking, while maintaining the highest quality of care. This position is the face of the clinic at Oklahoma Pain Management & Researchand requires patience, empathy, time management, confidentiality, and professionalism with patients, co-workers, and providers.
Oklahoma Pain Management & Research is a comprehensive pain management practice committed to improving the quality of life of our patients. We utilize cutting edge technology and advanced procedures to establish an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan to ultimately minimize pain and increase function.
- Duties include: obtaining patient history, updating patient charts, printing prescriptions and orders for the patient, scheduling any procedures and follow-up appointment, getting prior authorizations approved, and faxing any necessary documents
- Responsible for gathering appropriate patient information for initial exam to present to the provider:
- Obtain blood pressure, heart rate, height, weight and pain score
- Responsible for assuring that the patient gives a urinalysis if necessary
- Will coordinate this with lab technicians
- Update patient chart information
- Printing prescriptions and orders for the patient
- Scheduling follow-ups appropriately
- Generating the appropriate paperwork for follow-up appointment, procedures, durable medical equipment, etc., as necessary
- Responsible for making sure clinic rooms are clean, organized, and stocked with appropriate supplies and paperwork
- Responsible for checking all clinic rooms and turning off the lights at the end of the day
- Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
Education & Experience
- College degree preferred
- 0-2 years work experience preferred
- Will train the right person
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- Effective communication skills verbally and written
- Positive, patient focused attitude
- Ability to manage change
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time without resting
We offer our employees a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Benefits will include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Plans
- Retirement Plan
- Vacation and Holiday paid time off
All prospective employees and rehires are required to submit to a drug test once a conditional offer of employment has been extended and accepted. The screening will be conducted in compliance with our Drug-Free Workplace Policy which will be provided to all applicants.