The Medical Assistant supports providers by facilitating the transition of the patient from the check-in process through the check-out process. He/she will perform initial intake including taking physical measurements and history taking, while maintaining the highest quality of care. This position is the face of the clinic at Alabama Pain Physicians and requires patience, empathy, time management, confidentiality, and professionalism with patients, co-workers, and providers.
Alabama Pain Physicians is a comprehensive pain management practice committed to improving the quality of life of our patients. We utilize cutting edge technology and advanced procedures to establish an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan to ultimately minimize pain and increase function.
The Medical Assistant supports providers by facilitating the transition of the patient from the check-in process through the check-out process. He/she will be responsible for obtaining patient history, updating patient charts, printing prescriptions and orders for the patient, scheduling any procedures and follow-up appointment, obtaining prior authorizations, and faxing any necessary documents. This position requires patience, empathy, time management, confidentiality, and professionalism with patients, co-workers, and providers.
- Responsible for gathering appropriate patient information for exam to present to the provider
- Update patient chart information: intake (vitals, height, weights, pain score, HPI), medical history, surgical history and pain procedure history, assessments, and plan notes
- Print prescriptions and orders for the patient
- Schedule follow-up appointments
- Generate the appropriate paperwork for follow-up appointments, procedures, durable medical equipment, etc., as needed
- Responsible for collecting a urinalysis, if necessary
- Responsible for making sure clinic rooms are clean, organized, and stocked with appropriate supplies and paperwork
- Responsible for checking all clinic rooms and turning off the lights at the end of the day
- Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time without resting
Education & Experience
- Certified Medical Assistant preferred
- At least 1 year of clinical experience preferred
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office
- Effective communication skills verbally and written
- Positive, patient focused attitude
- Ability to manage change
All prospective employees and rehires are required to submit to a drug test once a conditional offer of employment has been extended and accepted. The screening will be conducted in compliance with our Drug-Free Workplace Policy which will be provided to all applicants.